Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Eumemmerring, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Eumemmerring, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Eumemmerring, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Eumemmerring, VIC
Have you tried these simple ways of integrating music into daily life:
- The importance of touch to children is profound. You can awaken the baby’s senses by tickling him with feathers, towels and hands and singing rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- Bedtime songs such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” can be sung to the baby or infant by their parents since research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Melodies of songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn ordinary activities like a nappy change or bath time into times of great fun!
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: