Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Essendon, Victoria
In order to develop the vital bonds between a mother and her child our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Essendon, Victoria employ the use of lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a crucial period of time where you can give your baby an early start in life through music. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
Using props, instruments, songs and games, we introduce children to music. Here are some of our favourites from Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Essendon, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Rhyming books
The best time to create a strong connection between a parent and child is during the early months and years of their life.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Essendon, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- “Round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are but some of the rhymes that you can use during sensory play times.
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- With a newborn, play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and this can be fabulous fun for both parents and children. Examples of great nursery rhymes for this include “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Sooth and settle the baby by patting the baby’s back or nappy in the rhythm of your favorite song, following a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or steady natural beat.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: