Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Emerald, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Emerald, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. You will become aware of how to create a calm and happy environment by integrating music into your home.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain develops rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Emerald, VIC:
- Counting books
- Books we can sing and share together
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Emerald, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Melodies of songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn ordinary activities like a nappy change or bath time into times of great fun!
- Rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are a great way to interact with your young baby.
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, so go on and sing them a song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you like!
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: