Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Elwood, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Elwood, Victoria. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
Your baby’s brain development, according to a large body of research, is positively influenced by music. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! Music can be used to give your baby a positive, nurturing beginning to life. Stimulate your baby’s developing brain through multiple senses in a musical environment through sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Elwood, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Books we can sing and share together
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The early months and years of the life of your baby are an important time to foster your relationship with them.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Elwood, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- Sing nursery rhymes while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn). Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”. Sing and play with your child!
- Singing tunes like “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions from being a challenge into play.
- Sing your baby or infant a song that you enjoy singing, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices so be brave and sing!
- The rich sounds of a real orchestra are a treat for your baby’s ears and developing brain. Classical music is a lovely addition to any bedtime routine.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: