Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Eltham North, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Eltham North, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. Music can be used to give your baby a positive, nurturing beginning to life. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Eltham North, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Rhyming books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Books we can sing and share together
Strong bonds between you and your baby are best created during the early months and years of the baby’s life.Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Eltham North, VIC
Integrating music into your usual routines is as easy as following these simple suggestions:
- Rhymes and songs are a great way to turn a bedtime routine, nappy change, bath time or other transitions from a challenge into play.
- Tickle your baby with feathers, towels and hands to stimulate the sensory nerves and couple them with rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: