Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Elsternwick, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Elsternwick, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. You will become aware of how to create a calm and happy environment by integrating music into your home.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain develops rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Elsternwick, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Qualified, expert teachers!
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Elsternwick, VIC
Have you tried these methods of integrating music into your daily life?
- Games like “open shut them” encourage anticipation and require the toddlers to follow the song and wait for the exciting actions “clap!”. If you repeat these often enough they will start to do them for themselves.
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: