Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Dromana, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Dromana, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
Research shows that music has an immensely positive influence on the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Music is a key element during this crucial window of opportunity that can give your baby a head start in life. Brain development is stimulated in a musical setting through a multisensory approach involving sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
The following are music, props, games and instruments that we use in the introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Dromana, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Dromana, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Patting the rhythm of your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat on your baby’s back or nappy can settle and soothe them.
- You can use melodies of songs such a “here we go round the mulberry bush” and “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn care tasks uch as changing nappies or taking a bath into play time.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: