Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Doreen, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Doreen, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will learn techniques and skills that enable you to integrate music into your home environment for a calm, happy beginning.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Doreen, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Doreen, VIC
Have you tried these simple ways of integrating music into daily life:
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Touch sensation can be enhanced by tickling the baby with feathers. You can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” along with the appropriate actions to stimulate the senses.
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- Sing nursery rhymes while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn). Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”. Sing and play with your child!
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: