Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Donvale, Victoria
In order to develop the vital bonds between a mother and her child our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Donvale, Victoria employ the use of lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain develops rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Through music you can give your baby the opportunity of an early start in life. Stimulate your baby’s developing brain through multiple senses in a musical environment through sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Donvale, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Books we can sing and share together
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Donvale, VIC
Simple ways of integrating music into daily life are as follows:
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Interactive games that encourage children to listen, anticipate an action and perform are also good fun for parent and child to play together.
- Try sourcing reputable classical music from the radio or CDs to use as part of the bedtime ritual. Good quality music treat the ears and developing brains of children while providing them with a calm bed time routine.
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- Listening to music should start at birth when new mothers should consider joining the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: