Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Derrimut, Victoria
The focus of our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Derrimut, Victoria is on helping you nurture the precious bond between mother and baby through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Derrimut, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Counting books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The early months and years of the life of your baby are an important time to foster your relationship with them.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Derrimut, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- Sensory play is very important to children. Try using different props like feathers, towels and hands when singing rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: