Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Delahey, Victoria
The emphasis of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Delahey, Victoria is to develop the significant maternal bonds through the simple use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Delahey, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Delahey, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- Try sourcing reputable classical music from the radio or CDs to use as part of the bedtime ritual. Good quality music treat the ears and developing brains of children while providing them with a calm bed time routine.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time, or other transitions. Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” and try “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. Turn these times into play!
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Tickle your baby with feathers, towels and hands to stimulate the sensory nerves and couple them with rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: