Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Croydon, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Croydon, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. A calm and happy beginning can be encouraged by learning techniques and skills to integrate music into your home environment.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Croydon, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The early months and years are important for creating strong bonds with baby.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Croydon, VIC
Be sure to try these methods of integrating music into daily life:
- Engaging toddlers in fun games like “open shut them” will encourage them to listen, anticipate and join in with actions, such as clapping.of the game.
- Tickle your baby with feathers, towels and hands to stimulate the sensory nerves and couple them with rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- By patting your baby’s back to the rhythm of your favourite song in a heartbeat or steady beat, you can often quickly settle him or her.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: