Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Crib Point, Victoria
The emphasis of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Crib Point, Victoria is to develop the significant maternal bonds through the simple use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Crib Point, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Counting books
The best time to create a strong connection between a parent and child is during the early months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Crib Point, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- Singing during nappy change or bath time, or other transitions. Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” and try “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. Turn these times into play!
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- “Round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are but some of the rhymes that you can use during sensory play times.
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: