Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Coolaroo, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Coolaroo, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. The first three years of your baby’s life is characterized by rapid brain growth and development as well as twice the activity of an adult brain. Through music you can give your baby the opportunity of an early start in life. Stimulation of the baby’s brain can be achieved by engaging the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
Provided are examples of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that are used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Coolaroo, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Coolaroo, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- The rich sounds of a real orchestra are a delight to the ears and developing brains of children. Choose authentic recordings, rather than synthesised music to optimise your listening experience.
- Experiement with your baby’s sense of touch. Do they like to be tickled or massaged? Play games such as, “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to delight your baby.
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: