Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Collingwood, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Collingwood, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. Growth of the baby’s brain is rapid during the initial three years of life and and the brain activity is twice that of an adult! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
Instruments, props, music and games are bjust a few of the tools we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Collingwood, VIC. Given below are some of our favorites:
- Counting books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Collingwood, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- Bond with your baby through lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. Research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice.
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- Repeating interactive games like “open shut them” will help the toddlers start doing these activities themselves.
- Treat the ears and the developing brain of your young child by incorporating classical music into the bedtime routine. Opt for beautiful recordings by composers such as W.A. Mozart
- Touch is a significant aspect in a babies development. Try using nursery rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to stimulate and engage your baby.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: