Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Coldstream, Victoria
To nurture the precious bond between a mother and baby, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Coldstream, Victoria uses lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A serene and happy musical environment at home can be created with the help of some simple skills and routines.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Coldstream, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Rhyming books
- Books we can sing and share together
The first weeks and months of a baby’s life are the best times to nurture a strong connection.Plant a seed for a passion of music. Bond with your child and have fun while enjoying special time together by playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Coldstream, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are useful in beginning sensory play with children, for whom touch is very important.
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time can turn these transitions into play. You can try songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” and make up your own, “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: