Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Coburg, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Coburg, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
Study has proven the positive effects music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! You can engage your baby’s developing brain through the sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical context.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Coburg, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Qualified, expert teachers!
Strong bonds between you and your baby are best created during the early months and years of the baby’s life.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Coburg, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Explore different songs you can sing to your baby during bedtime routine, including simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song for that matter as long as you enjoy singing them. Research as shown that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- Tickle with feathers, towels and hands! Touch is so important for children and perhaps you can use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to get the sensory play started.
- Bonding with Baby music classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: