Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Clifton Hill, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Clifton Hill, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
The majority of research into the effect of music on the development of your baby’s brain indicates that it has a positive influence in a number of key areas. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! Through music you can give your baby the opportunity of an early start in life. Stimulation of the baby’s brain can be achieved by engaging the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Clifton Hill, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Rhyming books
Strong bonds between you and your baby are best created during the early months and years of the baby’s life.Meaningful activities to connect with your baby include playing music and singing songs. These are fun ways to enjoy special times together and lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Clifton Hill, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- Treat the ears and the developing brain of your young child by incorporating classical music into the bedtime routine. Opt for beautiful recordings by composers such as W.A. Mozart
- “Round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are but some of the rhymes that you can use during sensory play times.
- Studies have found that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice, be sure to sing your favorite songs or common lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to them.
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- Using the rhythm of your favourite song you can pat the baby’s back or nappy to soothe him/her. Other calming patterns include a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a steady beat.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: