Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Chirnside Park, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Chirnside Park, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will learn techniques and skills that enable you to integrate music into your home environment for a calm, happy beginning.
The majority of research into the effect of music on the development of your baby’s brain indicates that it has a positive influence in a number of key areas. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Chirnside Park, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Counting books
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Chirnside Park, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- “Round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are but some of the rhymes that you can use during sensory play times.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: