Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Cheltenham, Victoria
Maternal bonds are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Cheltenham, Victoria by using songs, lullabies, movement and rhymes. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
The growth of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! Through music you can give your baby the opportunity of an early start in life. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
Listed are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Cheltenham, VIC:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Counting books
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Cheltenham, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- Bath time, a nappy change or bedtime routines can be enhanced by singing and turning these times into play! Try using melodies that you already know, eg. “here we go round the mulberry bush” and change it to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are fabulous fun ways of engaging the parent and child, you can also play bouncing games on your lap or arms with a new born.
- Some parents find accessing classical music difficult and overwhelming. Try listening to your local classical music radio station to source music you enjoy and make listening a part of your bedtime routine.
- Experiement with your baby’s sense of touch. Do they like to be tickled or massaged? Play games such as, “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to delight your baby.
- Settling and soothing your baby can be done by patting his/her back or nappy, you can do this using the rhythm of your favorite song or a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a natural beat.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: