Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Chelsea, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Chelsea, Victoria. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. This is a chance to use music to give your baby a flying start in life. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Chelsea, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Counting books
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.There is no better way to foster a passion for music in the life of your child and connect with them than through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Chelsea, VIC
Try these simple ways of integrating music into your life:
- Bond with your baby through lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. Research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice.
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- Treat your children’s ears and developing brains by introducing them to the rich sounds of real classical or orchestral music. Listening to your lcoal classical music station can help you find artists and recordings you like.
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: