Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Chadstone, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Chadstone, Victoria. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Your baby’s brain development, according to a large body of research, is positively influenced by music. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is the time to give your baby a stimulating beginning through music. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
Music is introduced to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Chadstone, VIC using an array of props, instruments, songs and games. Here are examples:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Counting books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Chadstone, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Babies are toddlers are engaged by bouncing games like, “To Market To market” and “Humpty Dumpty”. They love being in their parents arms or on their lap.
- To soothe an unsettled baby it’s a good idea to pat a beat on the baby’s back or nappy, you can try a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, patting the words to your favorite song or just a natural beat.
- Bedtime songs like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” are great for parents to sing to babies and infants as research has confirmed that babies like the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Buying an orchestral CD or tuning into classical radio channels as part of your bedtime routine has an amazing influence on the development of your baby’s brain.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: