Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Caulfield, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Caulfield, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be equipped with various methods of easily incorporating music into your daily routine in order to foster a serene and joyful beginning.
Study has proven the positive effects music in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
Provided are examples of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that are used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Caulfield, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Caulfield, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- Your favorite song can come in handy when trying soothe and settle your baby. Patting a rhythmic beat of your song on the baby’s back or nappy can help settle the baby. A natural beat or even rhythmic heartbeat pattern can do the trick.
- Ensure that classical music is a part of your bedtime routine. Instead of using baby classical CDs which are often made using synthesizers you could turn the radio into classical channels or buy an orchestral CD which will be pleasant for baby to listen to and will also stimulate their developing brain.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: