Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Caroline Springs, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Caroline Springs, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. You will learn various methods of incorporating music into your home for a serene and joyful start.
Research tells us of the positive influence music plays in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! Music is a key element during this crucial window of opportunity that can give your baby a head start in life. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Caroline Springs, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Counting books
- Books we can sing and share together
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.Foster a lifelong love of music in your baby by playing and singing songs that encourage bonding and connections between parent and child.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Caroline Springs, VIC
Try these simple ways of integrating music into your life:
- Singing during nappy change or bath time, or other transitions. Use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush” and try “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. Turn these times into play!
- Bedtime songs such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” can be sung to the baby or infant by their parents since research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage anticipation and require the toddlers to follow the song and wait for the exciting actions “clap!”. If you repeat these often enough they will start to do them for themselves.
- Patting a beat on baby’s back or nappy when you are trying to settle them can be soothing. Pat the words to your favourite song, try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or simply keep a steady beat and soothe your baby.
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Bonding with Baby music classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: