Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Carnegie, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Carnegie, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
There is a large body of research providing evidence to support the positive influence of music in the development of a baby’s brain. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Carnegie, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Books we can sing and share together
- Counting books
Strong bonds between you and your baby are best created during the early months and years of the baby’s life.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Carnegie, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- Studies have found that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice, be sure to sing your favorite songs or common lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to them.
- Engaging toddlers in fun games like “open shut them” will encourage them to listen, anticipate and join in with actions, such as clapping.of the game.
- “To market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” are examples of the rhymes some people remember and which you can use to play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- Bonding with Baby music classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: