Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Carlton, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Carlton, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
According to a large body of research there is evidence that the development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Carlton, VIC:
- Rhyming books
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.Have fun and enjoy spending time with your baby by playing music and singing songs. These are also perfect activities to form a lasting connection and can lay a lifelong foundation for a love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Carlton, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- Bedtime songs like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” are great for parents to sing to babies and infants as research has confirmed that babies like the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- “Round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are but some of the rhymes that you can use during sensory play times.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: