Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Carlton North, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Carlton North, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Music creates a window of opportunity that will give your baby an early start. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Carlton North, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Carlton North, VIC
Integrate music into your daily life through these easy suggestions:
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- Since research has demonstrated that infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, you can bond with your baby by singing lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or other songs.
- Treat your child’s ears to the rich sounds of real orchestra as opposed to the children’s classical music made using synthesizers; incorporating classical music into the bedtime ritual of your children will be soothing and calming.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- To help soothe your baby when unsettled, try patting a beat on the baby’s back or nappy. You could pat the words to your favorite song, or try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat or simply keep a steady natural beat. All should help soothe your baby.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the music for Babies and Toddlers classes. The CD you purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: