Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Burwood, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Burwood, Victoria. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Burwood, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
The first weeks and months of a baby’s life are the best times to nurture a strong connection.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Burwood, VIC
Follow these ways of integrating music into your life:
- Engaging toddlers in fun games like “open shut them” will encourage them to listen, anticipate and join in with actions, such as clapping.of the game.
- Use classical music as part of your bedtime routine; you can tune the radio into classical channels or buy orchestral CDs as it is much better for your baby’s developing brain than using children’s CDs created using synthesizers.
- Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, so go on and sing them a song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you like!
- Patting the baby’s nappy or back in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, to the words of your favorite song or even a steady natural beat can have remarkable effects in calming the baby down.
- Parents and children have fun when they are playing together. Try using nursery rhymes, like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” together while bouncing your child on your lap.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: