Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Burnside Heights, Victoria
Songs, lullabies, rhyme and movement form the building blocks to nurture the important bonds between a mother and her baby and are a core part of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Burnside Heights, Victoria. You will learn techniques and skills that enable you to integrate music into your home environment for a calm, happy beginning.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. The first three years of your baby’s life is characterized by rapid brain growth and development as well as twice the activity of an adult brain. This is a golden opportunity to get your baby off to a flying start with the aid of music Expand your child’s brain development through the process of stimulating all the senses of sound, movement, touch, sight and even emotions in a musical environment.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Burnside Heights, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.The perfect way to have fun, connect with your baby and lay the foundations of music that can last a lifetime is through playing music and singing songs.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Burnside Heights, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- Melodies of songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn ordinary activities like a nappy change or bath time into times of great fun!
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- The baby’s nappy or back can be patted in a rhythmic pattern to the beat of your favorite song. Try variations of a heartbeat or a steady natural beat in order to calm and sooth him/her.
- Play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and at the same time sing rhymes. Many people find rhymes like “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty” ideal for this.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: