Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Bundoora, Victoria
The emphasis of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Bundoora, Victoria is to develop the significant maternal bonds through the simple use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
There is a lot of evidence to support the positive effects of music on the growth and development of a baby’s brain. In the first three years of life, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and more than twice as active as an adult brain! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Using props, instruments, songs and games, we introduce children to music. Here are some of our favourites from Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Bundoora, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Counting books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Bundoora, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- Touch is very important for children and using rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with sensory stimulation like tickling or massage, can stimulate the senses.
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: