Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Bulleen, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Bulleen, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Music can be used to give your baby a positive, nurturing beginning to life. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Games, rhymes, props and instruments are introduced to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Bulleen, VIC. Here are a few examples:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.If you would like to foster a lifelong love of music and connect with your baby while having fun and enjoying special times together, then playing music and singing songs is the way to go!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Bulleen, VIC
Integrating music into your usual routines is as easy as following these simple suggestions:
- Try sourcing reputable classical music from the radio or CDs to use as part of the bedtime ritual. Good quality music treat the ears and developing brains of children while providing them with a calm bed time routine.
- The sense of touch is very important for young children. You can begin sensory playing with them combining rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” with tickling and touch.
- Use familiar tunes from songs you know, then add new words like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”. By singing during bath time, meal preparations or nappy changes you can transform these activities into times of delight for your baby.
- Since research has demonstrated that infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, you can bond with your baby by singing lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or other songs.
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: