Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Brooklyn, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Brooklyn, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Research shows that music has an immensely positive influence on the development of your baby’s brain. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions, you can create a musical environment to encourage the development of your baby’s brain.
Listed are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games we use to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Brooklyn, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
During the early months and years of your baby’s life, it is very important to create strong bonds.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Brooklyn, VIC
Have you tried the following simple ways to incorporate music into daily life:
- Patting a beat on baby’s back or nappy when you are trying to settle them can be soothing. Pat the words to your favourite song, try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or simply keep a steady beat and soothe your baby.
- Buying an orchestral CD or tuning into classical radio channels as part of your bedtime routine has an amazing influence on the development of your baby’s brain.
- Touch is very important for children and using rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with sensory stimulation like tickling or massage, can stimulate the senses.
- Melodies of songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn ordinary activities like a nappy change or bath time into times of great fun!
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: