Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Broadmeadows, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Broadmeadows, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Using props, instruments, songs and games, we introduce children to music. Here are some of our favourites from Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Broadmeadows, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
The best time to create a strong connection between a parent and child is during the early months and years of their life.Through playing music and singing songs you can enjoy fun activities that enable connectingand bonding with baby while laying the foundation for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Broadmeadows, VIC
Integrate music into your daily life through these easy suggestions:
- To turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play, try singing! For example, you can use the melody of “here we go round the mulberry bush”, then compose your own verses like “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed and eat our dinner”.
- Settling and soothing your baby can be done by patting his/her back or nappy, you can do this using the rhythm of your favorite song or a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or a natural beat.
- Bond with your baby through lullabies like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. Research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice.
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: