Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Brighton, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Brighton, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
Research shows that music has an immensely positive influence on the development of your baby’s brain. The first three years of your baby’s life is characterized by rapid brain growth and development as well as twice the activity of an adult brain. Music can be used to nurture positive beginnings for your baby. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Brighton, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The early months and years are fundamental to the creation of lasting bonds between you and your baby.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Brighton, VIC
Be sure to have a go at these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- “Round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are but some of the rhymes that you can use during sensory play times.
- Interactive games that encourage children to listen, anticipate an action and perform are also good fun for parent and child to play together.
- Sing a bedtime song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or a simple lullaby. It doesn’t matter what it is as long as you enjoy singing. Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voice. Be brave!
- Your bedtime routine can include soothing classical music playing softly in the background. Treat their ears and developing brains by listening to the rich sounds of a real orchestra.
- Patting a beat on baby’s back or nappy when you are trying to settle them can be soothing. Pat the words to your favourite song, try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or simply keep a steady beat and soothe your baby.
- Bonding with Baby classes run for babies under 6 months old. Your child can move straight into music for Babies and Toddlers at 6 months. The CDs purchased for Bonding with Baby are used right through until preschooler music classes, and you will enjoy listening to the beautiful lullabies and rhymes time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: