Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Briar Hill, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Briar Hill, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. A calm and happy beginning is made possible using techniques and skills that allow you to integrate music into your home.
Studies show the positive impact of music in the development of your baby’s brain. An adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing rapidly in the first three years of life. Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Briar Hill, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Briar Hill, VIC
Have you tried these methods of integrating music into your daily life?
- Games that encourage anticipation such as “open shut them” require the toddlers to pay attention and perform actions like clapping. When repeated often enough, the toddlers are able to follow along and remember to clap all by themselves!
- Singing during nappy change or bath time can turn these transitions into play. You can try songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” and make up your own, “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- It doesn’t matter what song you like to sing, whether it is a lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or not, research has proven that toddlers love the sound of their parents’ voice so be brave and sing!
- You probably remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which are examples of rhymes you can recite while playing bouncing games on your lap (or in your arms for a newborn) and which are fabulous fun for parent and child.
- Rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” are useful in beginning sensory play with children, for whom touch is very important.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: