Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Boronia, Victoria
The significant bonds between a mother and her baby are developed in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Boronia, Victoria through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will learn techniques and skills that enable you to integrate music into your home environment for a calm, happy beginning.
The majority of research into the effect of music on the development of your baby’s brain indicates that it has a positive influence in a number of key areas. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Through music you can give your baby the opportunity of an early start in life. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Boronia, VIC:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Boronia, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Infants prefer the sound of their parents voice, so be brave and sing out loud the tunes to your favorite song or even a simple lullaby like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”.
- Bath time, a nappy change or bedtime routines can be enhanced by singing and turning these times into play! Try using melodies that you already know, eg. “here we go round the mulberry bush” and change it to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- You can play bouncing games with babies on your lap or arms and engage with them through fun nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: