Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Blairgowrie, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Blairgowrie, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be taught the necessary skills that will help you integrate music into your home for a calm, happy beginning.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. An adult brain is only half as active as the rapidly growing brain of a baby in the first three years of life. Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Blairgowrie, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Rhyming books
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
The value of nurturing strong bonds with the baby within their early months and years cannot be stressed enough.Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Blairgowrie, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- Research has shown that babies prefer the sound of their parents voice, so go on and sing lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you prefer!
- Children and parents can be engaged through nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” while babies often enjoy bouncing games on the laps or arms of the parents.
- Bath time, a nappy change or bedtime routines can be enhanced by singing and turning these times into play! Try using melodies that you already know, eg. “here we go round the mulberry bush” and change it to “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Your baby can advance from Bonding with Baby classes into music classes for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: