Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Berwick, Victoria
The bond between a mother and her baby is precious. Thus our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Berwick, Victoria endeavor to strengthen this special bond through lullabies, rhyme, movement and songs. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
Research has demonstrated the positive influences of music to the developing infant brain. The first three years of your baby’s life is characterized by rapid brain growth and development as well as twice the activity of an adult brain. This is a crucial period of time where you can give your baby an early start in life through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Berwick, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
The creation of strong bonds between a parent and child is common during the first weeks and months of their life.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Berwick, VIC
Consider the following ways of building music into daily life:
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Patting the baby’s nappy or back in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, to the words of your favorite song or even a steady natural beat can have remarkable effects in calming the baby down.
- If repeated often enough, games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to start doing activities themselves. These games encourage anticipation and require toddlers to follow along, waiting for the exciting actions.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: