Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Bentleigh, Victoria
Using lullaby, rhyme movement and song, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Bentleigh, Victoria is focused on nurturing the important bond between you as a mother and your baby. A calm and happy beginning can be encouraged by learning techniques and skills to integrate music into your home environment.
As suggested by research, music has a positive influence in the growth of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life and developing very fast! Music can be used to give your baby a positive, nurturing beginning to life. A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
Provided is a list of some of our favourite props, instruments, music and games incorporated within our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Bentleigh, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
The early months and years of the life of your baby are an important time to foster your relationship with them.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Bentleigh, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- The importance of touch to children is profound. You can awaken the baby’s senses by tickling him with feathers, towels and hands and singing rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- You can use melodies of songs such a “here we go round the mulberry bush” and “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” to turn care tasks uch as changing nappies or taking a bath into play time.
- Some people remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which can be great fun for parents as well as children. You can also play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: