Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Bellfield, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Bellfield, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain is growing significantly in the early years and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! Music can be used to nurture positive beginnings for your baby. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
In Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Bellfield, VIC we introduce children to music using a wide range of props, instruments, music and games. Here are some of our favourites:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Qualified, expert teachers!
- Books we can sing and share together
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
Strong bonds between the parent and baby are best created within the first months and years of their life.Playing music and singing songs are activities that give the parent the opportunity to develop a musical background for the baby and at the same time bond and have fun.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Bellfield, VIC
Follow these ways of integrating music into your life:
- Treat the ears and the developing brain of your young child by incorporating classical music into the bedtime routine. Opt for beautiful recordings by composers such as W.A. Mozart
- Games such as “open shut them” encourage toddlers to do actions themselves. They encourage focussed listening in order for the children to wait and clap at exactly the right moment.actions like clapping.
- You can liven up events like a meal preparation, nappy change or bath time by singing and using the melodies of songs including, “here we go round the mulberry bush”.
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Use rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with touch or tickling to bond and play with your baby.
- Your baby can advance into music for Babies and Toddlers as early as six months – by purchasing the CD for bonding with the baby you can use them right until preschooler music classes but you can still benefit by enjoying the beautiful lullabies and rhymes over and over again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: