Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Beaconsfield, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Beaconsfield, Victoria is focused on improving the bond between a mother and child by use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! This is a crucial window of opportunity that can be used to give your baby a head start in life through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Beaconsfield, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Rhyming books
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Playing music and singing songs are wonderful activities to connect with your baby, have fun and enjoy some special time together while laying the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime!
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Beaconsfield, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- The importance of touch to children is profound. You can awaken the baby’s senses by tickling him with feathers, towels and hands and singing rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Some people remember nursery rhymes like “to market to market” or “Humpty Dumpty” which can be great fun for parents as well as children. You can also play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms with a newborn.
- When trying to settle your baby patting a beat on the baby’s back can be soothing. You can use the words to your favorite song and try and sync your beat to a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or keep a steady natural beat which will also soothe your baby.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- Incorporating classical music into baby’s bedtime routine can provide a soothing end to the day, while treating his ears and brain to beautiful music. Choose quality recordings or try the classical radio stations rather than children’s CDs.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: