Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Baxter, Victoria
The primary goal of our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Baxter, Victoria is to grow the relationship between a mother and her baby through movement, lullaby, song and rhythm. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
Music undoubtedly has a profound positive effect on the development of your baby’s brain. In the first three years of life, your baby’s brain is growing rapidly and more than twice as active as an adult brain! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! A musical environment which enhances multisensory stimulation such as sound, sight, touch, movement, timing and emotions is important in encouraging the development of your baby’s brain.
In our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Baxter, VIC, we introduce children to music using props, instruments, songs and games such as:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Counting books
- Rhyming books
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
It is important to develop strong bonds with your baby during the early months and years of their lives.You can spend quality time with your baby and foster a love for music that will last a lifetime through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Baxter, VIC
Why not explore these easy ways and weave music into your daily life?
- Singing tunes like “here we go round the mulberry bush” can help turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions from being a challenge into play.
- Some famous nursery rhymes that will entertain your and your baby alike are “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market”. Babies love bouncing games on your lap and arms and other actions that go along with the songs.
- The sense of touch is very important for young children. You can begin sensory playing with them combining rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” with tickling and touch.
- With enough repetition, toddlers learn to listen carefully and anticipate key actions like the clap in “Open, Shut Them”.
- The baby’s back or nappy can be patted in the rhythm of your favorite song in a heartbeat pattern or steady beat in order to sooth and settle them.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: