Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Balwyn, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Balwyn, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. You will be equipped with the ability to integrate music into your home in order to develop a calm and happy atmosphere.
Music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain develops rapidly and is twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Through the multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions, you are able to stimulate your baby’s developing in a musical environment.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Balwyn, VIC:
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Books we can sing and share together
The baby’s early months and years are important in creating strong bonds.Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Balwyn, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Be brave and sing whichever songs you may like to your baby; it could even be simple lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research has demonstrated that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Rhythmically patting the baby’s back or nappy to the words of your favorite song using a heartbeat pattern or steady beat can help soothe and settle them quickly.
- Rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” can be used to help begin sensory play with children.
- Games like “open shut them” encourage toddlers to anticipate, follow the song and to do actions such as clapping. Repeating these games will empower the child to start doing them alone.
- Try sourcing reputable classical music from the radio or CDs to use as part of the bedtime ritual. Good quality music treat the ears and developing brains of children while providing them with a calm bed time routine.
- Bonding with Baby classes are suitable for babies under six months at which point they can transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CD purchased for bonding with the baby may be used until preschooler music classes and beyond.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: