Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Attwood, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Attwood, Victoria places an emphasis on fostering the maternal bond between a mother and her new child through the use of lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Integrating music into your home to acquire a calm and happy beginning can be done using a range of techniques and skills that everyone can learn.
Study has proven the positive effects music in the development of your baby’s brain. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing and more than twice as active as an adult brain in the first three years of life! This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Brain development can be supported through multi sensory stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment.
Here are some of our favorite props, instruments, songs and games that can be used to introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Attwood, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Counting books
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
The early months and years of the life of your baby are an important time to foster your relationship with them.Create bonds and lay the foundations for a lifetime love of music by playing music and singing songs together. These activities also help you spend more quality time with your baby.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Attwood, VIC
Have you attempted these simple ways of incorporating music into daily life:
- Bedtime songs such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” can be sung to the baby or infant by their parents since research indicates that babies prefer the sound of their parents’ voices.
- Using the melodies of song such as “this is the way we brush our teeth”, “have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”, or “here we go round the mulberry bush” you can turn nappy change, bath time or other transitions into play instead of a “challenge”!
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- The baby’s nappy or back can be patted in a rhythmic pattern to the beat of your favorite song. Try variations of a heartbeat or a steady natural beat in order to calm and sooth him/her.
- Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” and “to market to market” are fabulous fun ways of engaging the parent and child, you can also play bouncing games on your lap or arms with a new born.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: