Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Aspendale, Victoria
To nurture the precious bond between a mother and baby, our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Aspendale, Victoria uses lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
The majority of research into the effect of music on the development of your baby’s brain indicates that it has a positive influence in a number of key areas. The activity of an infant’s brain is twice that of an adult and is growing rapidly during the first three years of a baby’s life! This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. A musical environment is a great place to stimulate your baby’s brain development through the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Aspendale, VIC:
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Books we can sing and share together
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
Bonding with your baby during the early months and years of their lives is extremely important.There is no better way to foster a passion for music in the life of your child and connect with them than through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Aspendale, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Fun games like “open shut them” encourage careful listening and participation via actions. When repeated often enough, the children build great skill with their sequencing and timing.
- Patting a beat on baby’s back or nappy when you are trying to settle them can be soothing. Pat the words to your favourite song, try and pat a rhythmic heartbeat pattern or simply keep a steady beat and soothe your baby.
- By incorporating soothing classical music into your bedtime routine, you can calm your baby while exposing them to beautiful music. Use orchestral recordings as opposed to children’s music which often utilizers synthesisers.
- Play bouncing games on your lap or in your arms for a newborn. Some people remember the nursery rhymes “to market to market”, or “Humpty Dumpty” which are both fabulous fun for parent and children.
- The importance of touch to children is profound. You can awaken the baby’s senses by tickling him with feathers, towels and hands and singing rhymes such as “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy”.
- Your child can start listening to music at the Bonding with Baby classes from birth and transition into the Babies and Toddlers music classes from 6 months. The CDs available can be used right until preschooler music classes abd the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened by your little one time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: