Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Aspendale Gardens, Victoria
Our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Aspendale Gardens, Victoria focus on developing the connection between baby and mother using lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. For a calm and happy beginning you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to integrate music into your home environment.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. Your baby’s brain is more than twice as active as an adult brain and is growing rapidly in the first three years of life! This is an important opportunity to provide a head start in your baby’s life through music! Stimulation of the baby’s brain can be achieved by engaging the multiple senses of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
These are examples of some of the games, instruments, music and props we use to introduce music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Aspendale Gardens, VIC:
- Counting books
- Books we can sing and share together
Strong bonds between you and your baby are best created during the early months and years of the baby’s life.There is no better way to foster a passion for music in the life of your child and connect with them than through playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Aspendale Gardens, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- An example of a game that encourages exciting action for toddlers is “open shut them” which when repeated often enough will empower the toddlers to perform these actions themselves.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time can turn these transitions into play. You can try songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” and make up your own, “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Patting the baby’s nappy or back in a rhythmic heartbeat pattern, to the words of your favorite song or even a steady natural beat can have remarkable effects in calming the baby down.
- Experiement with your baby’s sense of touch. Do they like to be tickled or massaged? Play games such as, “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to delight your baby.
- Studies have found that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parent’s voice, be sure to sing your favorite songs or common lullabies such as “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” to them.
- Your baby can join Bonding with Baby classes from birth and start listening to music straight away. Babies can join the Babies and Toddlers music classes as early as six months. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used until preschooler music classes and the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be listened to time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: