Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Arthurs Seat, Victoria
The focus of our Little Stars baby and toddler music class near Arthurs Seat, Victoria is on helping you nurture the precious bond between mother and baby through lullaby, rhyme, movement and song. Enable a calm and happy beginning in your home using our skills and techniques to incorporate music into your daily life.
Your baby’s brain development, according to a large body of research, is positively influenced by music. Your baby’s brain is rapidly growing during the first three years of life and is twice as active as an adult brain! Music provides an important opportunity in giving your baby an early start in life. Multiple sensory stimulation including sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions in a musical environment can help stimulate the development of your baby’s brain.
We introduce music to children in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Arthurs Seat, VIC using props, instruments, songs and games. Some of our most favorites are:
- Counting books
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Playing music and singing songs are the best ways that a parent can spend time with a child and connect whilst instilling a passion and love for music in the child’s life.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Arthurs Seat, VIC
Integrating music into daily life can be done in these simple ways:
- Experiement with your baby’s sense of touch. Do they like to be tickled or massaged? Play games such as, “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” to delight your baby.
- Engaging toddlers in fun games like “open shut them” will encourage them to listen, anticipate and join in with actions, such as clapping.of the game.
- Engage babies and young children through fun songs and nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “to market to market”. Babies can be entertained by playing gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms along with the music.
- Try using soothing classical music as part of your bedtime routine. Turning the radio onto classical channels or buying an orchestral CD is much better than using children’s classical CDs that are often made using synthesizers. Treat their ears and developing brains to the rich sounds of an orchestra.
- Singing during a nappy change is a way of turning such ordinary “jobs” into fun play. You can use melodies such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” to get started.
- Listening to music should start as early as possible and new mothers should join the Bonding with Baby classes. Older children from six months to three years should join the Babies and Toddlers music classes. By purchasing the CD, the beautiful lullabies and rhymes can be enjoyed time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: