Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Alphington, Victoria
Lullaby, rhyme, movement and song are used in our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Alphington, Victoria as a means of fostering the significant bonds between a mother and her child. You will be informed of the multitude of ways to incorporate music into your home for a serene and happy beginning.
There is a large body of research indicating that music positively influences the development of your baby’s brain. The adult brain is half as active as a baby’s brain which is growing significantly during the first three years of life. This is the ideal time to provide an optimal developmental start in life through music. Arouse your baby’s developing brain by stimulating more than just one sense – involve sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical setting.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we utilise to endear music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Alphington, VIC:
- Books we can sing and share together
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
- Qualified, expert teachers!
It is very important to create strong bonds with baby during the early months and years of their life. Creating a love of music can begin through the fun and enjoyment of playing music and singing songs together.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Alphington, VIC
Have you tried these simple ways of integrating music into daily life:
- Singing during nappy change or bath time using simple songs like “here we go round the mulberry bush” and then composing your own versions “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner” can turn these tasks into play time.
- The best way to get toddlers to do activities by themselves is by involving them in repetitive games such as “open shut them” which encourage anticipation and require them to participate in action.
- With a newborn, play gentle bouncing games on your lap or in your arms and this can be fabulous fun for both parents and children. Examples of great nursery rhymes for this include “to market to market” and “Humpty Dumpty”.
- Research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices, so go on and sing them a song like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” or any other song you like!
- Ensure that classical music is a part of your bedtime routine. Instead of using baby classical CDs which are often made using synthesizers you could turn the radio into classical channels or buy an orchestral CD which will be pleasant for baby to listen to and will also stimulate their developing brain.
- Your child can advance from the initial Bonding with Baby classes to music classes for Babies and Toddlers at six months of age. The CDs available for purchase for bonding with the baby can be used until the preschooler music classes and will be enjoyed for their lullabies and rhymes repeatedly!
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: