Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Albion, Victoria
Lullabies, rhymes, movement and songs are the means through which our Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Albion, Victoria aim to develop the precious bonds between a mother and her child. You will be taught ways of integrating music into your home for a happy and serene beginning.
The development of your baby’s brain is positively influenced by music according to a large body of research. The brain activity of a baby’s brain is twice that of an adult brain in the first three years of life and is also growing rapidly! Music can provide an early advantage for your growing baby and this is the time to get started. Indulge your baby’s senses through multiple stimulation of sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and even emotions in a musical environment.
The introduction of music to children in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Albion, VIC can be done using props, instruments, songs and games. Here are some of our favorite examples:
- Rhyming books
- Books we can sing and share together
- Tuned percussion instruments to train pitch
- Good quality instruments, not toys!
- Counting books
The early months and years are important for creating strong bonds with baby.Have fun and enjoy quality time with your baby by playing music and singing songs with them. Early beginnings lay the foundations for a love of music that can last a lifetime.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Albion, VIC
Consider the following methods of incorporating music into your daily life:
- Bedtime songs like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” are great for parents to sing to babies and infants as research has confirmed that babies like the sound of their parents’ voices.
- “Open shut them” is an example of a game that encourages toddlers to listen, anticipate and perform actions for themselves. Repetition is the key to success and the more you play these games together, the more fun the children have!
- Patting the words to your favorite song using a rhythmic heartbeat or natural steady beat on the baby’s back or nappy is a useful ways of trying to soothe and settle the baby.
- Bouncing games can be played with newborns on your lap or in your arms. Nursery rhymes like “Humpty Dumpty” or “To market To market” are but some of the fun activities to engage parents and children.
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: