Music Classes for Babies and Toddlers near Abbotsford, Victoria
The Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Abbotsford, Victoria engages children through the use of rhymes, lullabies, movement and songs and nurture maternal bonds. Techniques and skills will be taught on how to create a calm and happy beginning by integrating music into your home.
Research shows that music has an immensely positive influence on the development of your baby’s brain. The first three years in your baby’s life are characterized by rapid growth of the brain and twice the activity of an adult brain. This is a chance to create a nurturing, supportive beginning through music. A musical, multisensory environment that engages sound, touch, sight, movement, timing and emotions is important in the development of your baby’s brain.
Here are some of our favourite props, instruments, songs and games that we use to introduce children to music in Little Stars baby and toddler music classes near Abbotsford, VIC:
- Different languages, depending on the families in our classes
Strong bonds between you and your baby are most easily developed during the early stages of their lives.Playing music and singing songs are fun and enjoyable activities to connect with your baby and at the same time lay the foundation for a lifetime love of music.
Music tips for Babies and Toddlers near Abbotsford, VIC
Give these simple ways of integrating music into your life a try:
- Children value touch, therefore to begin sensory play with them you can include rhymes like “round and round the garden” or “this little piggy” combined with tickling with feathers or hands.
- Singing during nappy change or bath time can turn these transitions into play. You can try songs such as “here we go round the mulberry bush” and make up your own, “this is the way we brush our teeth, have a bath, get ready for bed, eat our dinner”.
- Provide quality recordings as part of your bedtime routine – try to find an orchestral or classical CD you find appealing or tune the radio to real classical channels.
- Games that build anticipation and encouraging them to perform “exciting actions” like clapping are ideal for parent and child. Games such as “open shut them” are perfect and if repeated often enough will empower toddlers to do these themselves.
- Sing your baby or infant a song that you enjoy singing, like “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” because research shows that babies and infants prefer the sound of their parents’ voices so be brave and sing!
- Whenever you’re ready, you and your new baby can join the Bonding with Baby music classes for 0-6 month old babies. The earlier you start the better! At six months your child can progress to the Little Stars Babies and Toddlers music classes. The CDs purchased for bonding with the baby can be used through to preschooler music classes and since the lullabies and rhythms are beautiful to listen to, it’s peaceful and relaxing for your baby to listen to them time and time again.
Get your baby or toddler started in music today: